- Oxbows, Midway, and Rossum-Wilson Reach 30% Design Plans
- Oxbows, Midway, and Rossum-Wilson River Restoration Design Meeting July 11, 2017
- Planning: Oxbows, Midway, Rossum to Wilson Kickoff Meeting for Landowners
- 2017 Big Thompson Watershed Project Areas
The Big Thompson Watershed Coalition (BTWC) obtained a CDBG-DR Grant for planning and design of a multi‐objective project that includes:
1) assessment of riparian areas, hydrology and hydraulics, geomorphology, sediment transport (where necessary), and fish and wildlife habitat;
2) analysis of several appropriate alternatives for design given the site conditions and restoration potential;
3) execute 30% design for the Preferred Alternative, which includes engineering drawings that define the channel dimensions necessary for multi‐stage flows, channel profile, channel alignment, floodplain alignment, and in‐channel and floodplain structures, as well as an itemized estimate of costs, and supporting plans including a draft planting plan, monitoring plan, permit plan, and a proposed timeline to move each reach‐wide project through final design and implementation.