Quick Hwy 34 Reference
Posts about CDOT’s Highway 34 Work
- CDOT Projects to Be Advertised in the Next 90 Days
- CDOT 2017 – 2018 Highway 34 Closure Information
- 2017 Big Thompson Watershed Project Areas
- Highway 34 Reconstruction Funding
- Rebuilding Highway 34: Kiewit
- CDOT Road Alignment Change: Horseshoe Curve
- CDOT/CWCB Partnership for Road and River Reconstruction
- Hwy 34 Aerials and Damage Assessment from CDOT
CDOT: Northeastern Colorado CDOT Region 4 News
Links to CDOT Pages:
For more information on CDOT’s Flood Recovery projects, visit https://www.codot.gov/projects/floodrelatedprojects or call Phone: 1-844-253-3185, option 8.
Northeastern Colorado CDOT Region 4 News
Flood-Related Projects in The Big Thompson Canyon, Highway 34
Recorded video of the October 23, 2014 public meeting in Estes Park. Type 34 into the search box at the top of the page.
** Replay the Estes Park Sept 30, 2014 meeting at: Estes Park Video Archive Type 43 in the search box.
General Highway Rebuilding Reference
Federally-funded road projects have to go through the “NEPA Process.” This is what is involved:
The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requires a thorough review of the impact of the proposed project, based on criteria of land use, social impacts, economic impacts, air quality, noise, water quality, floodplains, biological (wetlands, wildlife including the Prebles Jumping Mouse habitat, etc.), hazardous materials and historic resources, among others.
- Nov 2015 CDOT Highway 34 Newsletter
- CDOT Hwy 34 Permanent Repair Fact Sheets, Updated June 2015
- CDOT Flood Recovery Funding, Updated June 2015
- May 19 CDOT Meeting w/ Landowners – view the video/ see the presentation
- 2015 Hwy 34 Reconstruction Fact Sheets from CDOT
- RFP (Request for Proposal) Highway 34 Reconstruction
- Recap of Oct 21 & Oct 23 2014 CDOT Meetings to Discuss State Highway Repairs
- Oct 14, 2014: CDOT Public meetings to update flood recovery efforts